We are looking for a full-time Home Care Aide to work in our Homecare department. Work hours will be days, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, for 64 hours per pay period. There may be an occasional holiday and weekend rotation with this position.
The Home Care Aide delivers high quality, direct care to home care patients in their residence to assist the interdisciplinary team in achieving patient outcomes and providing an exceptional patient experience.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Patient Care/Care Coordination
Home Care Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School diploma or GED
· Completion of a nursing assistant program with a minimum of 75 hours with no continuous period of 24 months without compensation for home care aide/nursing assistant work since completion.
One year of prior experience working with older adults in a health care setting
· Three or more years of prior experience working with older adults in a health care setting
· Prior experience with documentation in an electronic health record.
· Valid certification, if required by state(s) where employed and providing care.
· CPR Certification
· Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
· Valid, licensed driver, with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements
CNA certification and on the Iowa Direct
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proficiency with computer applications
· Ability to work as a collaborative team member across service lines
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all types of inclement weather
Other: Continuing Education Requirements
· A minimum of 12-hours of age-specific in-service training under the supervision of a RN annually. Content must include:
o Emergency Preparedness Plan
o How to handle patient and caregiver complaints/grievances
o Infection control
o Cultural diversity
o Communication barriers
o Ethics training
o OSHA, workplace and patient safety
o Patient rights and responsibilities
o Compliance program
· CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
· Mandatory Reporter Education (per state regulation)