CMA or LPN - $3,000 sign on bonus
Diabetes and Endo- WTL
Monday- Friday, 7:30a-5p, One day off a week
FTBN, 36 Hours/ Week
Under the direction of a health care provider, Clinical Nurse LPN, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
Why UnityPoint Health?
· Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
· Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
· Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
· Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
· May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
· Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM,SQ or ID routes.
· Place urinary catheters per protocol.
· Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
· Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
Development and Patient Education
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Provide education to patients and families using the Teach-back method per protocols and guidelines.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin for Licensed Practical Nurse.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.