Mental Health Associate-UnityPlace-Community Behavioral Health
Full-Time 32 hours/week, Benefitted
3rd shift, 11p-7:30a, every other weekend and holiday rotation
Provides care to adults with behavioral/emotional/mental health problems.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Assessment and Treatment Planning: Assists the interdisciplinary treatment team in patient assessment and the development and implementation of the plan of care ensure individualized, goal-directed treatment.
· Obtains pertinent information from referral sources seeking patient admission; assists in facilitating admissions
· Completes admission assessments (except for nursing components)
· Ensures compliance with legal components of admissions (voluntary/involuntary admissions, patients’ rights, obtaining releases of information, 5-day request for release)
· Maintains sound knowledge base of advanced directives
· Administers/scores assessment scales per protocol
· Participates in interdisciplinary clinical staffings or ensures pertinent information is provided to team
· Develops, reviews, and revises plan of care on assigned patients
· Completes required documentation as appropriate including assessment scales
· Addresses the patient's strengths, impairments and interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes.
Therapeutic groups and individual therapies: Provides group and individual therapies for all patients as assigned in order to provide comprehensive, quality treatment.
· Facilitates individual therapy sessions, structured therapy groups and psychoeducational groups in accordance with the patient's plan of care
· Utilizes a variety of therapeutic models as appropriate to the clinical situation, but primarily has a brief therapy/cognitive behavioral therapy focus
· Ensures the milieu maintains a therapeutic environment
· Incorporates Recovery principles in all therapeutic interventions
· Documents interventions in a succinct and goal directed manner using DAIR format
· Recognizes and reports abuse/neglect situations as required by law
· Provides support, sets limits, and/or facilitates learning from the situation when providing situational 1:1 interventions
· Adheres to group rules and scheduled groups start and end on time.
· Follows group content outlines in group manual and individualizes groups to needs of current patient population
· Engages patients to participate of all patients as appropriate in community meetings
· Interacts with parents/significant others to answer programming questions, patient progress, etc. Works with Sales Representative regarding supplies and prices.Revises purchase order information when changes occur.
Maintains records of controlled substance purchases and outdates according to Policy and Procedure.
Utilizes the internet to fullest capacity to track backorders or new contracts and products.
Therapeutic environment and safety focus: Assists in the creation and maintenance of a therapeutic milieu so that the unit is a safe, caring, nurturing, healing, and educative environment.
· Sets behavioral limits on patients according to unit policies, individual plan of care and behavior modification plans
· De-escalates patients utilizing CPI techniques
· Participates in application of seclusion/restraints when appropriate; provides monitoring of patients in such situation; completes appropriate documentation, including restriction of rights forms
· Provides supportive care to patients and families.
· Conducts safety rounds
· Assists patients in conflict resolution
· Role models stress management
· Ensures patient safety of unit by following policies/procedures and adhering to unit protocols and national patient safety goals
Performance improvement focus: Assists in Performance Improvement activities on unit.
· Actively promotes and achieves customer satisfaction ( patient, family, departments and physicians)
· Generates ideas for improving processes, treatment, and patient care
· Participates in Root Cause Analyses and assists in development of action plans and implementation of action plans
· Serves on unit-based committees
· Precepts new employees
· Follows through on assignments generated by Nurse Manager or unit committees
· Volunteers for assignments which are designed to affect needed changes.
Screens for large dollar orders.
Contact companies and maintains reports for reimbursements and rebates.
Prepares spreadsheets as assigned in analyzing contracts.
Collects information on and places capital equipment orders.
Keeps reports of reimbursement from outdates and product changes.
Maintains statistical reports.
Maintains contracts and bids.
Process credits and maintains a debit memo file.
Monitor Premier reports, backorders, pricing quarterly reports, over budget and cost savings.
Maintains records of purchase.
Analyze cost containment opportunities through utilization of report writer.
Processes all drug recalls and notifies physician offices of recall.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in the field(s) of psychology, social work, or related field required.
1-3 years of experience in/with mental health field preferred.
If hired after August 1, 2019 – CPI required within 3 months of hire.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.