Project & Quality Assistant-UnityPlace
UnityPlace - Fayette
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
To serve as a quality and process improvement resource in UnityPlace facilities while providing advanced, diversified and technical expertise necessary to support the UnityPlace administrative and support team projects, tasks and duties.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
To serve as a quality and process improvement resource in UnityPlace facilities while providing advanced, diversified and technical expertise necessary to support the UnityPlace administrative and support team projects, tasks and duties
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Develops and maintains processes and systems that support the activities of UnityPlace Services.
· Finds needed data from internal and conventional public sources and uses acquired data effectively
· Obtains benchmark data as needed
· Efficiently conducts internet searches as identified
· Performs analysis with minimal direction, elicits appropriate input identifying statistical tools and techniques that will help better display and show analysis of the data
· Approaches problems with systematic and critical thinking; identifies the implications of the analysis and communicates potential impact and offers recommendations/solutions that assist with projects
· Continually identifies data that needs to be gathered and improved mechanisms for reporting data
· Assists in data tracking and reporting; supports department databases and keeps them current
· Assists in tracking department variances
Provides clerical support in a timely and efficient manner.
· Communicates effectively with other staff throughout UnityPoint Health
· Shows good judgment in the screening process, getting priority messages to intended parties in a timely manner
· Demonstrates resourcefulness in resolving issues or inquiries; does so in an independent manner
· Proactively anticipates needs, both defined and undefined, to enhance/improve workflow and effective communication
· Demonstrates a well-developed ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people
· Organizes and completes assignments independently and in an efficient and timely manner, while maintaining utmost confidentiality
· Multi-tasks and works under pressure with many interruptions; completes projects or work tasks successfully and meets time lines
· Composes letters, memos and reports, ensuring professional looking, accurate and grammatically correct finished documents
· Proofreads documents and makes suggestions for revisions
· Maintains complete, easy to retrieve files with information that is readily accessible; regularly updates and deletes files
· Ensures mail is distributed in a timely manner; prioritizes mail and routes accordingly
· Makes travel arrangements as requested; completes travel vouchers and submits for reimbursement
· Keeps space organized, orders supplies as needed, and provides for back-up of materials when gone
· Assists with updating Policies & Procedures manual
Maintains quality improvement and project documentation
· Ability to understand data and provide for analysis.
· Collects and reports data for regulatory needs, quality improvements and projects.
· Ensure accurate documentation
· Collaborates with staff to ensure documentation is collected accurately, timely and consistently.
· Assists in agenda preparation for project meetings; organizes and distributes meeting materials prior to meetings
· Attends meetings as needed, taking thorough, concise and accurate notes
· Transcribes minutes using the proper format and disseminates minutes to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
· Creates flowcharts, DMAIC six sigma projects and quality reports
· Assists in preparation of content and look of presentations
Demonstrates technological knowledge
· Demonstrates proficiency in computer software and maintains strong knowledge of the latest technology in computer software (including, but not limited to: Power Point, Excel, Word, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Visio)
· Serves as a resource to clerical support staff and others on the use of various software functions; provides training and shares knowledge/expertise to others
· Develops new skills that improve the quality and efficiency of job duties
· Creates professional, creative Power Point presentations for various internal and external audiences
· Routinely generates and distributes department reports
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Associate degree in secretarial, project management, quality, business or related field preferred
1-3 years of experience in/with clerical support at the executive level required.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Advanced reading, writing and oral skills
Ability to utilize PC including, basic elements of Windows environment, keyboarding, work with mouse, and perform basic computer tasks with instruction.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.