Sign-On Bonus: $10,000 for qualifying applicants!
We are looking for a full-time RN to join our team! Work hours will be nights, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, for 48 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
Acute Rehab is a 10-bed unit that is CARF certified (Center of Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities). The unit has specialty certifications in stroke and brain injury through CARF. Our patient population is primarily neuro-based; in addition, we care for patients suffering from multi-trauma, debility after extensive hospital stays, and more. We have a family atmosphere on our unit with an emphasis on interdisciplinary teamwork amongst our therapists and ancillary departments. Our patients' goal is to return to home as independent as possible. The average length of stay is approximately 2 weeks. Staffing on the unit is 2 nurses and 1 tech during the day and 2 nurses at night.
The RN is responsible for the delivery of safe and reliable patient care, in coordination with the healthcare team. The primary role of the RN is the execution of the nursing process in providing required care and evaluation of the care given. Responsibilities include: assessment, nursing diagnosis related to focus problem areas, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. Performance of these responsibilities requires specialized knowledge, critical thinking and skills based on principles of psychological, social, physical and biological sciences that utilize the nursing process.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Leadership and Professional Development
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
· Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing
· One (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
· Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse
· Certified Brain Injury Specialist
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Demonstrates proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to perform basic/advanced nursing procedures in the administration of medication therapy and the operation of specialized equipment
· Ability to complete a basic computer course on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) through in-hospital training
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills
· Satisfactory completion of Finley Nurse Residency program with 1 year of start date for all nurses with minimal or no prior acute care experience.
· State of Iowa Mandatory Reporter Training possessed or completed within 6 months of hire.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.