Under the general direction of the department manager, performs concurrent and retrospective reviews of medical records (electronic) for all programs, collects and compiles statistical information for the database, assists in analysis, and prepares reports and graphs.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Service Quality Indicators
· Performs concurrent and retrospective review of medical records (electronic).
· Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the definitions of terms and applying this knowledge in collection data. Collects statistical data for the database and assists in creating and monitoring processes for obtaining accurate clinical data. Reviews and analyzes data for completeness and accuracy prior to entry into the database. Compiles statistical and clinical data, prepares graphs and reports showing trend analysis. Enters data into reports and scorecards as required. Coordinates and maintains flow of data collection worksheets and reports.
· Assists in problem-solving through Performance Improvement processes. Assures compliance with Rule 132, HIPAA, and 42 CFR.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Experience in quality management/resource utilization/research preferred. Behavioral health related experience preferred. Formal training in basic computer operations, to include Microsoft Office products, preferred.
Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
Experience in quality management/resource utilization/research. Formal training in basic computer operations, to include Microsoft Office products.
Behavioral health related experience preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Ability to work well under mental pressure and maintain focused on assigned tasks. Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively around many distractions. Good analytical skills to gather data, identify problems and assist in problem-solving. Knowledge of medical terminology. Detail oriented, organized and the ability to use time management skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.